Give up setting New Year Resolutions?
NO ADSENSE ACCOUNT SELECTED FOR
"The object of a New
Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new
backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions.
Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. ~G.K.
Have you ever set New Year resolutions and give up after a few weeks?
Have you ever set the same resolutions year after year and still find yourself in the
Are you thinking of giving up setting new year resolutions next year?
What was your New Year's resolution? Was it:
-getting a new job
-a new relationship
-getting good grades in school
-be more positive
All of us will like to be able to follow through our new
year's resolutions, it would be something we will be proud of when we achieve it.
- Setting New Year Resolution is a good practice as it
help us to take stock of where we are, what we want to change and what we want to
- It is possible to fulfil the new year resolutions you
Making a new year resolution is like setting goals and the
goals should be realistic and achievable.
Set goals on
- what you want to be
- what you want to do
- what you want to have
Identify what you would like to achieve - Do you want to set
goals that are related to
- your personal life including
- your professional life including work and professional
- your spiritual life
- your health including diet and
- your family life
- your financial affairs.
Avoid setting goals that are unrealistic and that is
completely unattainable as it could have a negative impact upon you.
- Write down your goals
- Give a time period for each
- Draw out a plan on how the goal will be reached.Refer to
your drawn out plan constantly to keep track of your progress.
It is not unusual to sometimes stray from keeping our
- Write your resolutions on a card and keep them in your
- Looking at them every morning is a good way to start
your day positively and it will help to keep you focus on your resolutions.
- Enlist the help of your friends and family, ask them to
remind you when you are not keeping your resolutions.
Above all, always be positive and optimistic, think about the
satisfaction of being able to keep your resolutions and how happy and proud you will be at the end of the
Have a great year!